Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ghost Train - Episode #8


Back to electro for episode #8. There has been a ton of excellent releases recently that I was dying to put on a mix, this is essentially my summer mix. Just a selection of tracks that I have been playing out and listening to over the last couple of months, but unfortunately I cant fit all of the tracks I wanted in, there are so many other tracks, I could in fact make a second mix. Although I am happy with the fact that I managed to fit 13 songs in 29mins.

I made this mix using Ableton live, I complete understand the mixing process within it now, at the beginning it was difficult to transfer the knowledge and understanding of mixing using CDJ's then bring it into a static program, its more of a production process than live mixing. There are a few errors in it, but to be honest, when I listened back, they weren't so bad as to correct them, I sounded as if they were human error and gave it a more natural feel, so as strange as it sounds, I decided to leave errors in it...

Direct Download
Listen on Mixcloud
Podcast on iTunes

Tracklist:
1. Little Cat Steps - Feed Me
2. She Wolf (Sandro Silva Remix) - David Guetta
3. Stand Alone - Chris Lake
4. Aerodynamic Be Strong (Quintino Bootleg) - Daft Punk vs. Loops of Fury
5. EKG - Autoerotique
6. Nudge - Felguk & Dirtyloud
7. The Beast - Albin Myers
8. Spectrum (Congorock Remix) - Zedd
9. Happy Violence (Drankenstein Remix) - Dada Life
10. Solid Sounds - Marco V
11. Finale (Dillon Francis Remix) - Madeon
12. Crank - Zed's Dead & Omar Lynx
13. Goin' In (Skrillex Goin' Hard Remix) Birdy Nam Nam

No comments:

Post a Comment